Thursday, January 6, 2011

First of three warm-ups for Jan. 6

Click here for segments from doc I saw last summer

I tried to interview her on my trip last summer for the audio work I was doing.  I drove to her town way back in the mountains and my cell phone didn't work.  I had to use a pay phone at the local gas station and the skinny phone book they had.  Her daughter answered the phone.  I had seen this important film at SilverDocs in June and I was so impressed with both the film and the panel afterwards.  I wanted to put her in my audio piece from Duke, but she was already very ill in August.

I grew up in West Virginia and I know how brave she was to fight the coal companies, especially in the area she is from.  Listen to her.   She died earlier this week from breast cancer.

What do you think?

Ms. Greer
Silver Spring, Md

No comments:

Post a Comment